Subject: [rohc] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5225 (3248)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 07:14:50 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5225,
"RObust Header Compression Version 2 (ROHCv2): Profiles for RTP, UDP, IP, ESP and UDP-Lite".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5225&eid=3248

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: FWX <[email-masked]>

Section: 6.8.2.4

Original Text
-------------
page 67:

  COMPRESSED udp_lite_endpoint_dynamic {
    ENFORCE(profile_value == PROFILE_UDPLITE_0108);
    reserved =:= compressed_value(4, 0)                      [  4 ];
    coverage_behavior =:= irregular(2)                       [  2 ];
    reorder_ratio     =:= irregular(2)                       [  2 ];
    checksum_coverage =:=
      checksum_coverage_dynchain(coverage_behavior.UVALUE)   [ 16 ];
    checksum          =:= irregular(16)                      [ 16 ];
    msn               =:= irregular(16)                      [ 16 ];
  }

page 68:

  COMPRESSED udp_lite_regular_dynamic {
    ENFORCE(profile_value == PROFILE_RTP_0107);
    coverage_behavior =:= irregular(2)                       [  2 ];
    reserved =:= compressed_value(6, 0)                      [  6 ];
    checksum_coverage =:=
        checksum_coverage_dynchain(coverage_behavior.UVALUE) [ 16 ];
    checksum =:= irregular(16)                               [ 16 ];
  }

Corrected Text
--------------
page 67:

  COMPRESSED udp_lite_endpoint_dynamic {
    ENFORCE(profile_value == PROFILE_UDPLITE_0108);
    reserved =:= compressed_value(4, 0)                      [  4 ];
    coverage_behavior =:= irregular(2)                       [  2 ];
    reorder_ratio     =:= irregular(2)                       [  2 ];
    checksum_coverage =:=
      checksum_coverage_dynchain(coverage_behavior.UVALUE)   [ 0, 16 ];  <===
    checksum          =:= irregular(16)                      [ 16 ];
    msn               =:= irregular(16)                      [ 16 ];
  }

page 68:

  COMPRESSED udp_lite_regular_dynamic {
    ENFORCE(profile_value == PROFILE_RTP_0107);
    coverage_behavior =:= irregular(2)                       [  2 ];
    reserved =:= compressed_value(6, 0)                      [  6 ];
    checksum_coverage =:=
        checksum_coverage_dynchain(coverage_behavior.UVALUE) [ 0, 16 ];  <====
    checksum =:= irregular(16)                               [ 16 ];
  }

Notes
-----
checksum_coverage_dynchain(behavior) compression method (page 66) may compress the checksum_coverage field to 0 bits if behavior is set to UDP_LITE_COVERAGE_INFERRED.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5225 (draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3095bis-rohcv2-profiles-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : RObust Header Compression Version 2 (ROHCv2): Profiles for RTP, UDP, IP, ESP and UDP-Lite
Publication Date    : April 2008
Author(s)           : G. Pelletier, K. Sandlund
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Robust Header Compression
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG