Subject: [Roll] MOPex updates and extended control option query

From: Rahul Jadhav <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 19:54:34 +0530

Hello All,

The MOPex draft is refreshed with just editorial changes in this version.

However, I would like to raise one point that Pascal made during the IETF
110 session.

Currently, the MOPex draft extends the RPL control options with certain
flags to handle cases where the control option is not understood by the
node:
J-flag: Join only as 6LN
C-flag: copy option as-is even if not understood
I-flag: Ignore message altogether.

We could have an option for the node to not join the network at all (not
even as 6LN) if a control option is not understood.
Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rahul

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 at 19:43
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-roll-mopex-03.txt
To: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Pascal Thubert <
[email-masked]>, Rahul Arvind Jadhav <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-roll-mopex-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Rahul Arvind Jadhav and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-roll-mopex
Revision:       03
Title:          Mode of Operation extension
Document date:  2021-03-31
Group:          roll
Pages:          9
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-roll-mopex-03.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-mopex/
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-roll-mopex
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-roll-mopex-03
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-roll-mopex-03

Abstract:
   RPL allows different mode of operations which allows nodes to have a
   consensus on the basic primitives that must be supported to join the
   network.  The MOP field in [RFC6550] is of 3 bits and is fast
   depleting.  This document extends the MOP for future use.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat