Subject: rps-auth

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 12:04:16 -0400

Cengiz,

I'd rather you made the last call issue on rps-auth since I'm the
primary author.  I was not planning to send in an -04 update before
the last call to get Susan's mostly editorial changes in (spelling,
grammar, prurality of verbs, etc).  This was my error since I
temporarily misplaced Susan's email while doing the edits for the -03.

The reason I decided not to send a draft in with Susan's changes is
that we may get feedback as a result of the RIPE dbsec meeting.  I'd
rather we made the end of last call fall at least a full week after
the RIPE dbsec meeting where dbsec will be specifically discussing
rps-auth.  The dbsec meeting is May 4.

We could begin last call now and end last call on either May 14 (two
week last call, 8 business days after dbsec) or May 17 (3 weeks).  If
dbsec asks for changes which the WG agrees to, I will incorporate them
in the -04 version and we can repeat las call if necessary.  If not,
we can just make editorial changes (Susan's and any others we find)
and ask the ADs to forward the -04 draft to the IESG.  

The source diffs for the editorial changes so far are at
ftp://engr.ans.net/pub/internet-drafts/rps-auth-03-to-04-preview.diffs

If you agree with this approach, please make the last call.  Otherwise
I'll submit a -04 and we can do last call when that clears.

Thanks,

Curtis