Subject: RIPE-181 -> RPSL

From: "Dave Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 06:55:20 -0500

Hi,

I work for a regional multihomed ISP in the Tampa Florida 
area.

I currently have our maintainer, AS, and route objects
all current via the RADB.  (maint-as11656, as11656, and
207.138.160.0/20)

My question is this - i've read most of the information about
the transition between 181 and RPSL, but the one thing i'm
not sure about is "what do I need to do" to make sure
my current objects are correct, and will continue to work,
or if I need to transition them.

Is there any documentation or quick FAQ on what current 181 RADB
users should do in preperation for RPSL?

Sorry to bother, just wanting to make sure we're not missing
something important here....

Thanks in advance for you time!

Seeya,

Dave Anderson
Citicom Online

---

From: Cengiz Alaettinoglu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 16:43:58 -0700 (PDT)

Dave,

All route objects will work as is. 99% of aut-num objects will also
automatically converted to rpsl. Hence, for most ISP's the transition
is going to be transparent. The 1% are the ones whose aut-num is
already syntactically wrong. (e.g. some one has "accept and asXXX"). 

You can check out your converted aut-num and related transition
documentation at http://www.isi.edu/ra/rps/transition

> all current via the RADB.  (maint-as11656, as11656, and

Cengiz

-- 
Cengiz Alaettinoglu           Information Sciences Institute
http://www.isi.edu/~cengiz    University of Southern California