Subject: replicating the whois database

From: Jerin C Justin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 15:18:17 -0700

Hello
Is there a way wherei we can have a copy of the whois database on our
local system? I'm doing this because we perform a whole bunch of whois
commands recursovely and this takes a long time and utilises a whole
bunch of our servers resources. Could you suggest a way where I can
perform a whois that would result in faster queries?
Regards,
Jerin

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 18:03:54 -0700 (PDT)

Jerin,

Please have a look at IRRd at http://www.merit.edu/. There are other
programs as well. But this is the most commonly used program.

> perform a whois that would result in faster queries?

Cengiz

-- 
Cengiz Alaettinoglu           Information Sciences Institute
http://www.isi.edu/~cengiz    University of Southern California