Subject: pathetic italic

From: Godfrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 12:32:34 -0300

CAON Releases Fact Sheet For Investors

Chan-On International Inc.
Symbol: CAON
Close: $0.72 UP 4.35%

Read this over the weekend, you won't be sorry. CAON has changed
direction and investors love it. Friday's volume went through the roof.
Big news expected Monday. Set your marker for CAON first thing Monday!

They added symbols for the level of satisfaction, for reasonableness and
aggressiveness. NARRATOR:  The academics returned eagerly to the markets
where they began to investigate this strange contract which had so
intrigued Bachelier.
The method they devised was to become one of the most significant
discoveries in economics this century. As robust knowledge accumulates,
game theorists are increasingly able to offer advice on the design of
economic institutions in environments which may still be too complex to
prove theorems about.

, "Sorority Rush as a Two-Sided Matching Mechanism," American Economic
Review, vol. I don't know what compass moment Einstein had, but there
was rarely a doubt in my mind that I would do anything except
mathematics.

He's the head of the top-performing hedge fund in the world, Renaissance
Technologies Corporation, which he started after leaving a successful
academic career in mathematics.

These were now staggering. Jim Andreoni, Vince Crawford  and Uri Gneezy
are at the University of California, San Diego.

Quite apart from the complexities of matching, there are moving human 
stories behind each exchange. He was the perfect person for Black and
Scholes to contact. STAN JONAS:  If I have the proper recipe for
dynamically hedging then that position is risk-free. After all, if any
of their bets was going wrong all they needed was another bet in the
opposite direction.

What was needed was a way to instantly recalculate to keep eliminating
the risk continuously.

BEN SCHWARTZ:  Everyone in the marketplace thought the sky was falling
and there was instant reaction.
Papers  Roth, Alvin E.
Roth  Bibliography of bargaining experiments.
The emotion builds up almost like a volcano ready to explode and when I
walk in that pit it explodes. I liked to prove theorems. and overseas
customers.
Many of the most  prominent auction designers involved in spectrum and
electricity auctions formed the firm Market Design Inc. They set up not
in Wall Street but far away from ordinary traders, in the rich little
town of Greenwich in Connecticut.

Dennett Dave Munger David Cohn David Epstein David Grinspoon David Ng
Djuna Ivereigh Don Hoyt Gorman Dr.
There was no doubt in my mind that if he were still alive he would have
been a co-receipient of the Nobel Prize. Bargaining Experiments by Alvin
E.
The value seemed to depend on the personal confidence of each investor.

Together with a team they created a giant company, a hedge fund called
Long Term Capital Management. NARRATOR: But then they decided to try
something different.

, "Sorority Rush as a Two-Sided Matching Mechanism," American Economic
Review, vol.

Merton and Scholes reputation as the greatest academic minds in finance
made it easy to raise money.

They felt as if they were meeting the high priests and almost as if they
were honoured to be asked to invest with them. Roth  Bibliography of
bargaining experiments. Then the public recriminations began. In the
time this took the fast moving markets would have moved on and their
calculations would effectively be out-of-date.
NARRATOR:  As prices leapt and plunged as never before, the models
traders used began to give them strange results, so they relied instead
on their instincts.

We look for people who have had success, typically academically,
although some people come out of an industrial laboratory like IBM or
Bell Labs. Here's a link to a good book on the subject:  Two-Sided
Matching: A Study in Game-Theoretic Modeling and Analysis, by Alvin E.
Merton turned to rocket science.

This was going to be the team of the century. Academics marvelled at its
breathtaking insights and its sheer audacity. His creative powers with
the, the power of the analytical techniques, mathematical techniques
that he was bringing to bear on some age-old questions in economics.

The theory of the complaint is that a match holds down wages for
residents and fellows.

More compelling than Simon's acquisition of wealth is what he chooses to
do with it.
NARRATOR:  And it worked.

I go in, in the morning and the day is before me and I have to figure
out which direction any one of a dozen markets is going to go in. You
can download Paul Klemperer's  book Auctions: Theory and Practice from
his home page. They would be able to continue to hedge just as long as
one more totally improbable thing did not happen.

Chern, has proved useful to string theorists. Academics marvelled at its
breathtaking insights and its sheer audacity. Most come out of academia.
It assumes some knowledge of statistics and a familiarity with the
concepts of net present value.
We have very high standards and it works. , which has a long and varied 
collection of auction markets they have designed or advised.

ROGER LOWENSTEIN:  LTCM started out with three truly fabulous years.

They created a theoretical portfolio, a mixture of stocks and options.
At the end of the year this random choice out-performed the predictions
of top traders.