Subject: [RPSEC] RE: routing threats I sent you Tuesday

From: "Dennis Beard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 09:57:10 -0500

Hello,

Sandy is probably correct in her assessment that the Beard/Yang draft is
missing certain topics (or did Sandy mean we added new thoughts?).  The main
goal of this paper was to keep the WG milestone delivery schedule moving.  I
was quite sure that once the draft made the list, people of routing
expertise would come forward.  It should be an easier exercise to build upon
what is now issued, perhaps before Atlanta.  The main point of our efforts
is to fulfill the purpose of the WG charter, namely, to deliver security
requirements for routing protocols. And this is where strong WG chairs can
further that goal.  After Atlanta, Sandy's and other's opinions regarding
threats will be offered, noted, and incorporated.  Once those thoughts are
incorporated with the Beard/Yang topics, the chairs will need to "freeze"
the threats draft so that a requirements draft can begin to emerge.  I would
suggest that a requirements draft be set for first delivery to the WG by the
March 2003 meeting.  Let's not get caught in the IPsec WG IKE trap of
perpetual churn without definitive closure.
Consult-write-debate-rewrite-issue-move on to the next task.

Regards,

Dennis Beard

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 5:30 AM
To: [email-masked]; Beard, Dennis [CAR:0S03:EXCH]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: routing threats I sent you Tuesday

So I just saw Dennis' routing threat draft.  Wow!  From a brief look
through, this has a lot of points that weren't covered before.  So now I
need to compare what I sent you and his draft, to see if there would be any
contribution in sending what I wrote to the list.  Would be interesting if
there's a different viewpoint.

--Sandy

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 10:00:49 -0500 (EST)

>missing certain topics (or did Sandy mean we added new thoughts?).

Sandy meant it looked like you added a new breakdown of thoughts.

--Sandy
_______________________________________________
RPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rpsec