Subject: [RPSEC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rpsec-routing-threats-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 06:36:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Protocol Security Requirements Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Generic Threats to Routing Protocols
	Author(s)	: D. Beard, S. Murphy, Y. Yang
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rpsec-routing-threats-00.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2003-4-2
	
Routing protocols are subject to attacks that can harm individual
users or the network operations as a whole.  The lack of a common set
of security requirements has led to the use in existing routing
protocol of a variety of different security solutions, which provide
various levels of security coverage.
The RPSEC working group intends to deliver in a separate document a
set of security requirements for consideration of routing protocol
designers.  The first step in developing the security requirements is
to analyze the threats that face routing protocols.  This document
describes the threats, including threat sources and capabilities,
threat actions, and threat consequences as well as a breakdown of
routing functions that might be separately attacked.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rpsec-routing-threats-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rpsec-routing-threats-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rpsec-routing-threats-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Tony Tauber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:34:16 -0500 (EST)

To clarify, this document is the same as
draft-beard-rpsec-routing-threats-01.txt
but has been re-submitted with the requisite name change as a WG item.

A revised draft ought to be published in the not too distant future.

We've also updated the WG milestones to reflect our having accomplished
this first one as well as our realistic expectations for the schedule
of upcoming work.

Tony

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 [email-masked] wrote:

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories.  This draft is a work item of the Routing Protocol
> Security Requirements Working Group of the IETF.
>

_______________________________________________
RPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rpsec