Subject: [RPSEC] References in the Threats Draft

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:08:35 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

These should all be words, rather than numbers. This may seem a trivial
matter, but it greatly increases readability to include references as words
rather than numbers.

:-)

Russ

__________________________________
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone

_______________________________________________
RPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rpsec

---

From: Tony Tauber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:45:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Russ White wrote:

> These should all be words, rather than numbers. This may seem a
> trivial matter, but it greatly increases readability to include
> references as words rather than numbers.

Yes, yes, YES!  I always recommend this change on drafts I do a deep
review of.
This was part of my comments to some of the original revisions and
I actually put them into the first "individual" submitted draft on
behalf of the authors.  It seems like it didn't make it into the
second revision (WG submission).  Perhaps the problem was the XML
generator mechanism that was used for authoring that doesn't
understand non-numeric (ie. "mnemonic") references?

Tony