Subject: [RPSEC] Question on Section 3.1.2.1

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:13:53 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

3.1.2.1 Threat Consequence Zone

   A threat consequence zone covers an area within which the network
   operations have been affected by the threat consequences.

I've never understood the consequences of a threat--do you mean the
area within which network operation has been affected by the
consequences of an attack? It seems to me what you're trying to say is
the zone where network operations would be impacted by an attack if a
given threat were exploited?

Was this question ever resolved?

:-)

Russ

__________________________________
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone

_______________________________________________
RPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rpsec

---

From: Jean-Jacques Puig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:36:23 +0200

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 11:13:53PM -0400, Russ White wrote:
> I've never understood the consequences of a threat

Threat consequence definition comes from RFC 2828. Though IRL threats
MAY have consequences (blackmail), I think the original intent here was
threat action consequence, but we will have to cope with current
terminology.

> --do you mean the

May I state it this way:

	A threat consequence zone covers the area within which the network
	operations have been affected by threat actions.

-- 
Jean-Jacques Puig

[homepage] http://www-lor.int-evry.fr/~puig/