Subject: [RPSEC] Threats Draft Issue 2: Section 4.1 Deliberate Exposure

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:52:56 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

I don't seem to recall a concensus being reached on the exposure of routing
information within the context of the threats draft--the last email I saw
on the topic was from Tony:

--
I'm confused as well.  The sense I take from "deliberate" is that it's
intentional.  If information is intentionally revealed to parties who
aren't authorized, it would seem to be a malicious act in itself,
perhaps meant to deceive?

Tony
--

What's the current status of this item? Is there a concensus on whether or
not the exposure of routing information is a threat to a routing system, or
not? I would think it could be, but only in terms of exposing topology
information to attackers outside the network, not insiders, since it would
be almost impossible to prevent this information from being known to anyone
within the network (with a network connection of any type).

Thoughts?

:-)

Russ

__________________________________
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone

_______________________________________________
RPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rpsec