Subject: [RPSEC] Section 3.1.1 Comments

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:11:53 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

I think I originally asked this:

Replace this:

   neighbor. For example, in OSPF (that is, before the MD5 part was
   added), OSPF speaks to all routers on the local link that answer to
   the AllSPFRouters multicast address.  Furthermore, MANET protocols
   frequently speak over the broadcast link.

with:

For example, an OSPF router will form a peering relationship with any
attached device which appears to be running OSPF, unless MD5
authentication (or some other means) is used to prevent the peering
relationship from forming.

I'd pull the manet example, one is enough here, and reference the OSPF
MD5 draft.

--

Did we reach a concensus on this?

:-)

Russ

__________________________________
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone

_______________________________________________
RPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rpsec

---

From: Alex Audu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:29:33 -0500

The recommended change is good.  I'd leave the MANET example in also
since it doesn't hurt.

Regards,
Alex.

---

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:38:19 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

I think we have concensus on this one?

:-)

Russ