Subject: Re: [RPSEC] Basis of Requirements?

From: Sandy Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:28:30 -0400 (EDT)

>I think that you will agree that the Black Hats will exploit the  
>attack of least difficulty first.
>...
>If we have other resources at our disposal, we should  
>focus them on the forwarding plane.

Do you know of attacks that are directly solely through the forwarding
plane? Do they have the same spread of damage as attacks in the routing
protoocl?  Do you have ideas about protecting the forwarding plane?
(The only ones I know of were Radia Perlman's suggestion of doing
forwarding on multiple paths to make sure data did arrive, and one
that did some anomaly detection to route packets around a spot that
did not seem to be forwarding properly.)

--Sandy

_______________________________________________
RPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rpsec