Subject: [RPSEC] No RPSEC meeting in Vancouver (IETF64)

From: Tony Tauber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:55:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

Since no one has brought forth new agenda items and other things can
be effectively worked on through the mailing list, RPSEC will not be
meeting at IETF64 in Vancouver.

I'd like to call people's attention, however, to the
SIDR (Secure Inter-Domain Routing) BOF which is scheduled for Thursday
morning.  The thought on the part of the Routing ADs is to start a
parallel effort on possible protocol changes even while some details
of the requirements are being ironed out.

The focus for now will consider points where there does appear to be
clear consensus for possible work.  RPSEC isn't chartered with
protocol changes and IDR has much other work to keep it busy.  For
these reasons, the new BOF is being spun up.

See detailed BOF announcement below.

Cheers,

Tony
----
Name of the BOF: Secure Interdomain Routing (SIDR)
Area: Routing
Chairs: Geoff Houston
Sponsoring ADs: Alex Zinin, Bill Fenner

The RPSEC WG has been working on security requirements for the
Internet routing system in general and the BGP routing protocol in
particular. While some progress has been made, formulation of the
complete set of requirements can take some time. At the same time,
there's a shared understanding in the IETF community that work on
securing interdomain routing needs to start, as it will take time to
develop implementations and see first deployments.

The goal of this BOF is to discuss creation of an extensible
interdomain routing security architecture that would allow to
incrementally define security features to BGP as the discussion on
requirements progresses and new mechanisms become necessary.  The
expected outcome is an agreement on the initial set of security
features that such an architecture would provide.  It is not a goal of
this BOF to choose between SBGP and SoBGP.

Agenda:
  1. Introduction and current status                        [15m]
  2. Brief overview of currently proposed solutions         [30m]
  3. Description of proposed work                           [15m]
  4. Discussion                                             [60m]

Mailing list: [email-masked]
To subscribe: [email-masked]

Reading material:

  Requirements:

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rpsec-routing-threats-07.txt
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rpsec-bgpsecrec-02.txt

  SoBGP:
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-white-sobgp-architecture-01.txt
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ng-sobgp-bgp-extensions-01.txt
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weis-sobgp-certificates-01.txt

  SBGP:
    SBGP web page: http://www.net-tech.bbn.com/sbgp/sbgp-index.html

_______________________________________________
RPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rpsec