Subject: Re: [RPSEC] Basis of Requirements?

From: Sandy Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:16:15 -0400 (EDT)

>> The idea is trying to remove the ability for the bad guys to inject
>> deliberate routing anomalies into the system as much as possible.
>
>No, that's definitely NOT the goal.  In particular, the "as much as  
>possible" part is way over the top.

The "as much as possible" was a recognition that the bad guys can
not be perfectly stopped, whatever we do.  So the "as much as possible"
is tuned to the recognizable engineering imperative, with the understanding
that a solution that leaves us just as open to the bad guys as before
isn't helping.

>p.s. I vote 'no'.  ;-)

To what question are you voting?

--Sandy

_______________________________________________
RPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rpsec

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:09:49 -0700

> that a solution that leaves us just as open to the bad guys as before

Ok, so maybe we're disagreeing at the wordsmithing level only.

> To what question are you voting?

Whether or not the requirements should ship.

Tony