Subject: [RPSEC] generic routing security overview

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 01:23:10 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

Based on recent discussion and checking the charter, it seems that 
RPSEC might be interested in:

draft-savola-rtgwg-backbone-attacks-01.txt (it's reasonably short!)

Abstract
    A number of countermeasures for attacks against service provider
    backbone network infrastructure have been specified or proposed, each
    of them usually targeting a subset of the problem space.  There has
    never been a more generic analysis of the actual problems, and which
    countermeasures are even necessary (and where).  This document tries
    to provide that higher-level view.

Does this belong to RPSEC, OPSEC, or somewhere else?

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

_______________________________________________
RPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rpsec

---

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 15:55:36 -0400

This seems to overlap somewhat with
draft-lewis-infrastructure-security-00, perhaps? I'll leave it up to the
ADs to decide where it should be, but I think it would fit in rpsec okay.

:-)

Russ

Pekka Savola wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Based on recent discussion and checking the charter, it seems that RPSEC
> might be interested in:
> 

- --
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone