Subject: [rrg] Call for papers: ICNP 2009

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 07:33:21 +0100

CALL FOR PAPERS
                             ICNP 2009
        17th IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols
                       October 13-16, 2009
                    Princeton, New Jersey, USA
                  http://www.ieee-icnp.org/2009

ICNP, the IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols is the
premier conference covering all aspects of network protocols. ICNP will
be held in its seventeenth year at Princeton, New Jersey from October
13-16th, 2009. Papers with significant research contributions on network
protocols are solicited for submission. Papers related to all aspects of
network protocols including design, implementation, analysis,
performance and specification are relevant. Papers must not be
previously published nor under review in any other conference or
journal. Only original papers that have not been published previously or
submitted for publication and under review by another conference or
journal elsewhere can be submitted. Papers containing plagiarized
material will be subject to the IEEE Plagiarism policy and will be
rejected without review. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Protocol design, implementation, testing and analysis.
• Measurement studies of protocol performance.
• Protocols for wireless ad hoc and sensor networks.
• Protocols for peer-to-peer networks.
• Protocols for specific functions such as routing, flow/congestion
control, network management.
• Protocols for security, survivability and fault-tolerance.

Papers must be directly relevant to protocols. Papers on general
networking where protocols are only a secondary focus will be considered
only if they are of exceptionally high quality.

Papers will be subject to a double-blind review process. The identity of
authors and referees will not be revealed to each other. To ensure blind
reviewing, the authors' names and affiliations should not appear in the
paper. Bibliographic references should protect the authors' anonymity.
Papers should adhere to the IEEE format and should not be more than 10
pages. The font size should not be smaller than 10pt.  Further
instructions will be posted on the ICNP website
(http://www.ieee-icnp.org/2009).

Authors of accepted papers will be expected to register for the
conference and the paper must be presented at the conference in order
for the paper to appear in the conference proceedings.

Important Dates:
Abstract Submission:        April 10, 2009 8:59 P.M. EDT
Paper Submission:           April 17, 2009 8:59 P.M. EDT (Hard Deadline)
Notification of Acceptance: July  28, 2009
Camera Ready Version Due:   September 4, 2009

Organizing Committee:

Executive Committee:
David Lee                   Ohio State University, USA (Chair)
Mostafa Ammar               Georgia Tech. USA
Ken Calvert                 University of Kentucky, USA
Teruo Higashino             Osaka University, Japan
Raymond Miller              University of Maryland, USA

General Chairs:
K.K. Ramakrishnan           AT & T Labs Research, USA
Henning Schulzrinne         Columbia University, USA

Program Chairs:
Timothy Griffin             University of Cambridge, U.K.
Srikanth V. Krishnamurthy   University of California, Riverside, USA

For more details, visit the conference webpage:
http://www.ieee-icnp.org/2009

Regards,
Xiaoming Fu
IEEE ICNP'09 Publicity Chair

_______________________________________________
rrg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg

---

From: "Cedric J A. Westphal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:40:30 -0800

for papers. 

*************************************
VISA 2009:   The First ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Virtualized
Infrastructure Systems and Architectures

in conjunction with ACM SIGCOMM 2009, August 17th 2009, Barcelona,
Spain.

http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2009/workshops/visa/ 

PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 6th, 2009.

                          * FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS *

Infrastructure virtualization has emerged as an important architecture
and experimentation concept for the Internet infrastructure. The global
computing and communication infrastructure will encompass (as it does
today) a diverse and huge collection of networking, computing and
storage resources. Together they need to form a coherent infrastructure
and meet our society's requirements for the 21st century. Infrastructure
virtualization involves creation of a virtual slice of network,
computing and storage resources in support of a service, an application,
or an experiment from a physical substrate of diverse resources. This
allows users of a virtualized infrastructure slice to access resources
on a potentially global scale without incurring the cost of building
such an infrastructure. Thus infrastructure virtualization provides a
platform to allow innovation on a global scale and enables new business
models. 

As we envision and research Future Internet, there is increasing
recognition that Infrastructure Virtualization will play an important
role. However, there are many technical problems to solve: how to
discover and advertise the resources; how to create and manage an
infrastructure slice across diverse resources; how does virtualization
extend to the wireless edge; how to implement virtualization across
diverse resources and across layers of protocol stack; how to map an
application or service to run on an infrastructure slice; what
applications and capabilities are enabled by infrastructure
virtualization; what kind of cross-layer protocols are possible; how
does infrastructure virtualization impact the business models of network
operators; and others. 

                           * TOPICS OF INTEREST *

We solicit previously unpublished work on the following, non exhaustive,
list of topics:

*     Infrastructure virtualization architecture;
*     Resource allocation to virtual slices;  
*     Management tools for infrastructure virtualization;
*     Implementation and transition map for infrastructure
virtualization;
*     Isolation and slice independence in a virtualized infrastructure;
*     Integration of the wireless edge into a virtualized network;
*     Inter-operability and federation of virtualized infrastructures;
*     Cross-layer protocols for virtualized networks;
*     Applications and services enabled by virtualized infrastructure;
and 
*     Security issues with virtualized infrastructure. 

                            * IMPORTANT DEADLINES *

Paper submission deadline:          Friday March 6, 2009
Acceptance notification:            Friday April 10, 2009
Camera ready final submission:      Monday May 4, 2009
Workshop:                           Monday August 17, 2009

                           * WORKSHOP ORGANIZATION *

Steering Committee:
- Tomonori Aoyama, Keio University and NICT
- Anja Feldmann, TU Berlin and T Labs
- Nick McKeown, Stanford University
- Guru Parulkar, Stanford University
- Larry Peterson, Princeton University
- Cedric Westphal, DoCoMo Labs USA

Program Chairs:
- Guru Parulkar, Stanford University
- Cedric Westphal, DoCoMo Labs USA

Program Committee Members:
- Hasan Alkhatib, Microsoft
- Tomonori Aoyama, Keio University and NICT
- Jack Brassil, HP Labs
- Stephan Baucke, Ericsson
- Simon Crosby, Citrix Systems
- Christophe Diot, Thomson Labs
- Lars Eggert, Nokia Research Center
- Serge Fdida, UPMC - Paris 6
- Nick Feamster, Georgia Tech
- Anja Feldmann, TU Berlin and T Labs
- Silvano Gai, Cisco Systems
- Albert Greenberg, Microsoft
- James Kempf, Ericsson
- Dae Young Kim, Chungnam National University
- Ulas Kozat, Docomo Labs USA
- Laurent Mathy, Lancaster University
- Nick McKeown, Stanford University
- Sue Moon, KAIST
- Akihiro Nakao, The University of Tokyo
- K.K. Ramakrishnan, AT&T Labs
- Dipankar Raychaudhuri, Rutgers University
- Jennifer Rexford, Princeton University
- Robert Ricci, University of Utah
- Martin Stiemerling, NEC Labs Europe
- Amin Vahdat, UCSD

                  * INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS *

Authors should submit pdf papers exclusively, to the EasyChair
conference management system:
http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=visa09. 

Please follow the format of ACM Sigcomm 2009 submissions, except
anonymity is not required and the page limit is eight pages. This
workshop strongly encourages the submission of exploratory results that
point to new directions and challenges in the design and management of a
virtualized infrastructure.

Please contact [email-masked] for any inquiry regarding the
workshop.