Subject: [rrg] Solution space summary: late addition?

From: "William Herrin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 10:25:46 -0500

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Flinck, Hannu (NSN - FI/Espoo)
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Thank you for a good and concise summary of the various strategies for
> routing scalability.
>
> Related to your question about other BGP solutions, I am wondering how
> well strategy D covers the proposals by Paul Francis and others:
>
> - mapped BGP and
> - virtual aggregation.

Hi Hannu,

Was that the one where MPLS is modified to specify an exit instead of
an exit router and then the RIB and FIB both are split to multiple
routers, the split accomplished by applying short netmasks?

Nuts, I think that's probably a missed strategy. Parallelize RIB
processing, and that's one of at least two variants. The other is
parallel processing of the BGP RIB on a single router which then folds
into a single FIB.

Does anyone object to adding it late as strategy H?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

-- 
William D. Herrin ................ [email-masked]  [email-masked]
3005 Crane Dr. ...................... Web: <http://bill.herrin.us/>
Falls Church, VA 22042-3004
_______________________________________________
rrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg