Subject: Re: [rrg] [ILNP] Current state of the implementation

From: RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 11:00:46 -0400

Stephane,

  A proof-of-concept overlay implementation was done a while back.  
In fact, some aspects of the current ILNP protocol specifications 
(e.g. having acknowledgements for Locator Updates) were driven 
in part by experimental results from that overlay proof-of-concept 
implementation.  So far as I know, that overlay is not publicly 
available at present.  

Results from that overlay implementation were reported, in part, 
in a paper in IEEE MILCOM 2011:

<http://www.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/~saleem/papers/2011/milcom2011/milcom2011-bak2011.pdf>

  I understand that there are two independent implementations 
of ILNP underway at present, one in FreeBSD and another in Linux.  
I am not part of either implementation team.

  Of course, from an IRTF (or IETF) perspective, there is 
no requirement for a freely distributable implementation.  
Clearly, it would be pleasant if one or more did exist, 
so that a wider array of folks could validate ILNP operation 
for themselves.

Cheers,

Ran