Subject: Re: [rrg] London

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 12:40:54 -0500 (EST)

Sounds good to me.

Myself, I have already tabled my suggestions and did refer to a respective academic publishment  (see my email from 30th Nov.).

Heiner

-----Ursprüngliche Mitteilung----- 
Von: Eggert, Lars <[email-masked]>
An: Heiner Hummel <[email-masked]>
Cc: Tony Li <[email-masked]>; IRTF Routing RG <[email-masked]>
Verschickt: So, 12 Jan 2014 8:39 am
Betreff: Re: [rrg] London

Hi,

On 2014-1-11, at 21:24, Heiner Hummel <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Given that the IESG doesn't care about IPv4 anymore

so even if that were true, what the IESG cares for should have little impact on 
what an IRTF research group is looking into.

I thought Tony's email was spot-on. If the RRG wants to remain chartered, it 
needs to become active again and identify some topics that it wants to 
investigate. Looking at what's been published by academics in the recent past 
seems a useful exercise in order to find some of those topics.

And the group needs a core set of participants that are willing to put in the 
energy to make some successful meetings happen, by re-energizing the broader 
routing community and by inviting folks that have interesting things to present 
to show up to do so.

Lars