Subject: RE: [Rserpool] RE: Erik Guttman's comments on Rserpool threats for review and comment - Part II

From: "Sengodan Senthil (NRC/Boston)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 09:10:46 -0500

> > 3) Senthil's comment: 
> > 3.x Malicious entity sends spurious peer messages to ENRP 
> servers is 
> > equivalent to 3.4 Malicious ENRP server joins a group, in 
> my opinion. 
> 

I agree to some extent - but, may be, the wording needs to be changed.
"joins a group" has a connotation of registration, and really does not
denote subsequent message exchanges between peers, as the phrase stands.
On the other hand, "sends spurious peer messages" seems to include both
registration and subsequent messages. So, may be, we can change the
wording to "Malicious ENRP server sends spurious peer messages to ENRP
servers".

Of course, if we don't want to use the term ENRP, then we can replace it
by naming/discovery function.

- Senthil

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool