Subject: [Rserpool] Comments to Draft on TCP Mapping

From: Thomas Dreibholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 10:26:10 +0200

Hi all,

Some comments to draft-conrad-rserpool-tcpmapping-00.txt 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-conrad-rserpool-tcpmapping-00.txt):

- - The DATA chunk does not include the B and E bits for chunk fragmentation as 
SCTP does. Due to the missing fragmentation support and the limit of 16 bits 
for the length field, messages longer than 64K are unsupported. To be 
interoperable with SCTP, these bits should be included. To simplify 
implementation, it may be defined that all fragments of a large chunk have to 
be sent as a block (no other data chunks between the fragments).
- - Is the INIT chunk only sent in one direction and does it negotiate the 
parameters of both directions or does each side first send an INIT chunk?
- - The INIT chunk does not include the number of inbound and outbound streams 
as SCTP does. It seems to be recommended to add this as an optional 
parameter, defaults: 1 inbound, 1 outbound.
To support future extensions of SCTP and the TCP mapping, optional paramters 
in the INIT chunk should be realised as TLV field like SCTP.
- - Initial TSN: Since the TCP mapping supports a TSN, there should also be a 
mechanism to negotiate its initial value. An option for the TLV field of the 
INIT chunk seems to be the recommended choice. Default value: 0.

Best regards
- -- 
=======================================================================
 Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Dreibholz

 University of Essen,                            Room ES210
 Inst. for Experimental Mathematics              Ellernstraße 29
 Computer Networking Technology Group            D-45326 Essen/Germany
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 E-Mail:     [email-masked]
 Homepage:   http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~dreibh
=======================================================================

- -----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Weitere Infos: siehe http://www.gnupg.org

=g36Q
- -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool