Subject: [Rserpool] Question about pool policies

From: Thomas Dreibholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 14:28:37 +0200

Hi all,

why is there no random or weighted random pool policy defined? Such a policy 
is very simple and the resulting distribution should be quite good (under the 
assumption of a good random number generator).

Best regards
- -- 
=======================================================================
 Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Dreibholz

 University of Essen,                            Room ES210
 Inst. for Experimental Mathematics              Ellernstraße 29
 Computer Networking Technology Group            D-45326 Essen/Germany
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 E-Mail:     [email-masked]
 Homepage:   http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~dreibh
=======================================================================

- -----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Weitere Infos: siehe http://www.gnupg.org

=g36Q
- -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool

---

From: Qiaobing Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:47:54 -0500

Hi, Thomas,

This policy certainly can be defined in RSERPOOL. The current draft only
defines a few most basic policies, it is not meant to exclude any
policy.

-Qiaobing

Thomas Dreibholz wrote:
> 
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> Hi all,
>

---

From: Qiaobing Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:47:54 -0500

Hi, Thomas,

-Qiaobing