Subject: [Rserpool] DHCP option for RSerPool

From: Silverton Aron-C1710C <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:40:58 -0500

Hello all,

I've been thinking about a DHCP option that could be used to provide ENRP
server addresses to a client which may be a PE or PU.  This could be very
useful in some deployments of RSerPool.  Sub-options could also be created,
if necessary, to provide other RSerPool related information to a client on
boot.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.  If others think that it is a good
idea, then I'll get started on and I-D for the option per BCP 43/RFC 2939.

Aron 

Aron J. Silverton
Senior Staff Research Engineer
Motorola Labs, Networks and Infrastructure Research
Motorola, Inc.

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool

---

From: Qiaobing Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:03:32 -0500

Hi, Aron,

I think this is a good idea. One thing comes to my mind is that we may
need to take into consideration of the dynamic scalability of the ENRP
server cloud, i.e., ENRP servers will likely be more dynamic than the
DNS servers, for example. I am not an expert on DHCP and have little
idea on how currently the DHCP deals with any changes of the DNS server.
Another interesting issue is how to map the "host" concept of current
DHCP to a PU or PE. 

regards,
-Qiaobing

---

From: Qiaobing Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:03:32 -0500

Hi, Aron,

regards,
-Qiaobing