Subject: [Rserpool] ENRP Peer Name Update

From: Thomas Dreibholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:22:05 +0200

Dear all,

ENRP PEER_NAME_UPDATE contains the full Pool Element Parameter even in case of 
deregistrations. ASAP DEREGISTRATION only uses a PE Identifier Parameter to 
identify the PE. This is sufficient to identify and remove the PE. So, what 
about defining to also use a PE Identifier parameter for deregistrations in 
the PEER_NAME_UPDATE? That is, in case of registrations PEER_NAME_UPDATE 
would contain a Pool Element Parameter and in case of deregistrations a PE 
Identifier Parameter.

May be, it would be a good idea to split up PEER_NAME_UPDATE into a 
PEER_NAME_REGISTRATION and PEER_NAME_DEREGISTRATION.  Then, it would be 
consistent to ASAP's message types.

Best regards
- -- 
=======================================================================
 Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Dreibholz

 University of Duisburg-Essen                    Room ES210
 Inst. for Experimental Mathematics              Ellernstraße 29
 Computer Networking Technology Group            D-45326 Essen/Germany
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 E-Mail:     [email-masked]
 Homepage:   http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~dreibh
=======================================================================

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool