Subject: [Rserpool] Packet format in ENRP

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 19:20:06 +0200

Dear all,

while writing the ethereal dissector for ENRP I found some
things I would like to change:

Section 3.1

The length field is shown as 'Message Length = 0xC' which
is not correct because there can be some parameters.

Section 3.3

Could we exchange the R and M bit? This would align the
R bit position with the reject bit in a PEER_LIST_RESONSE
message.

Section 3.4

To have a similar layout of the packets i would suggest to
change it to:

         0                   1                   2                   3
         0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
        |   Type = 0x4  |0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|        Message Length         |
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
        |                      Sender Server's ID                       |
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
        |                     Receiver Server's ID                      |
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
        |        Update Action          |        (reserved)             |
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
        :                        Pool handle                            :
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
        :                        Pool Element                           :
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Best regards
Michael

PS.: ethereal version 0.10.5 will support both ASAP and ENRP...

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool

---

From: Qiaobing Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 14:28:27 -0500

Michael,

> is not correct because there can be some parameters.

good catch.

> R bit position with the reject bit in a PEER_LIST_RESONSE

I agree. Better alignment is always good :-)

> To have a similar layout of the packets i would suggest to

Makes sense to me. I agree.

regards,
-Qiaobing