Subject: [Rserpool] Draft Minutes from IETF #66

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 07:43:40 -0500

Any comments?
Draft Minutes from IETF #66 
Randy Stewart discussed the comments received on the architecture draft
draft-ietf-rserpool-architecture-13.txt. It was suggested that the draft
was hard to read because it was very general and designed to allow a
wide range of protocol instantiations. The group decided that it would
be better to abandon a document that has been the subject of confusion
and instead write a short overview document of the protocol that exists
today. We received AD approval of this idea.
Michael Tuexen discussed Rserpool implementations and performed a demo
of Rserpool at the meeting. ASAP has already been interop tested over a
year ago.  There will be an SCTP interop in Vancouver in late July and
Rserpool will also be interop tested at that time.
Michael Tuexen discussed the rserpool socket API. This document needs
more work as there is divergence between the code and the text. We need
to harmonize the different approaches and update the document.
The next steps for Rserpool is to finish the work on the protocol
documents. The AD opinion is that a lot of work needs to be done. The
ADs shared their comments on the protocol documents. They would like the
focus of the group to shift to the core protocol documents and get those
finished. The charter needs to be redone to emphasize this focus. A list
of documents was proposed for the focus of the work with people
identified to perform the work. The chairs will work on a revised
charter with new milestones based on these changes. The list of core
documents was identified as follows:
- overview: new document to replace the architecture document 
Draft-ietf-rserpool-asap-13.txt 
Draft-ietf-rserpool-enrp-13.txt 
Draft-ietf-rserpool-common-param-10.txt 
Draft-ietf-rserpool-threats-05.txt 
All other documents are not considered to be core documents. These can
be worked on later. 

-- Maureen
Maureen Stillman
Nokia Enterprise Solutions
Acting Director SMC Systems Architecture

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool