Subject: [RSN] Update on the RL2N work

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 16:07:08 -0400

Dear Mailing List,

Although the mailing list hasn't been too active in the past few  
weeks, we've been making
quick progress on many fronts - as a matter of fact, there were lots  
of off-list discussions
so I would encourage you all to use the list to keep everyone up to  
date.

Here is an update on RL2N.

There is a new Web Page where you can find all pointers: http:// 
www.employees.org/~jvasseur/

A BOF request has been made for Vancouver.

What we have done so far ...
#######################
We have now started Working on Routing for L2N (Low Power and Lossy  
Networks)
several months ago, starting with a list of generic requirements that  
led to:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-culler-rl2n-routing- 
reqs-01.txt

Considering how fragmented the problem space was, we agreed to  
specifically
focus on a few well understood application-specific issues.

More specifically, problem space for which:
(1) There is well identified demand (looking at the number of  
proprietary solutions that
are currently deployed)
(2) The scope of the problem space and set of requirements are well- 
understood.

We have two application specific routing requirements documents:
	* Industrial (to be posted very soon)
	* Connected Home

We had a 45mn slot during the Routing Area meeting in Chicago:
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07jul/minutes/rtgarea.txt

Proposed Next steps
#################

1) David and I will be preparing a short Problem Statement ID.

2) A new revision of http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levis- 
rl2n-overview-protocols-01.txt
should be posted soon.

If you have interest in any of the IDs listed above or want to  
propose new items, just let us know.

Thanks.

JP.

_______________________________________________
RSN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rsn