Subject: Srefresh messages..

From: Rahul Aggarwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:21:46 -0700

Lou et al.,
I have a question regarding draft-rsvp-refresh-reduct-05.txt:

Section 5.3 on Srefresh Message Usage, page 27 :

 "The secondary method for identifying which Path state may be.........
   .............................. When the outgoing
   interface is a point-to-point link, all Path state associated with
   sessions advertised out the interface SHOULD be included in the same
   Srefresh message.  When the outgoing interface is not a point-to-
   point link, all unicast session Path state SHOULD be included in the
   same Srefresh message. "

I am wondering why all the Path state in the above two cases, should be included
in the same Srefresh message? Different Path messages may be 
scheduled for refresh at different times. It may be possible to refresh
some of these in the same Srefresh. However depending on the implementation, 
some others may be sent in a different Srefresh at a different time. 

Maybe I am mis-interpreting the above text. Will appreciate your comments
on this.

thanks,
rahul