Subject: operation subobject in an EXPLICIT_ROUTE object

From: Rahul Aggarwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:40:49 -0700

Lou et al.,
draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-05.txt says (4.3.2):

  "The explicit route is encoded as a series of subobjects contained in
   an EXPLICIT_ROUTE object.  Each subobject may identify a group of
   nodes in the explicit route or may specify an operation to be
   performed along the path."

The text on processing of the explicit route object also talks about an 
'operation suboject' in a few places e.g: (4.3.4.1)

   "If the first subobject is an
   operation subobject, the message is in error and the system SHOULD
   return a "Bad EXPLICIT_ROUTE object" error. "

I haven't been able to find a definition of the operation subobject. There 
is no specified value for an 'operation subobject' in the type field of an ERO
subobject either. Is the definition of such an object a matter of local
policy? 

I will appreciate it if you could shed some light on the usage, definition and
format of this subobject. 

thanks,
rahul