Subject: SESSION object

From: Dusan Sarvan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:04:06 +0100

Hi,

I appreciate if someone can clarify the following:

1. Is SESSION object used by routers to identify
packets that belong to flows (calls) for which
reservation have been made?

2. RFC 2205 - Section 1.1.
"An RSVP session is defined by the triple: DestAddress,
ProtocolID, DstPort".

Does this section discuss about SESSION object parameters?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sincerely,

Dusan Sarvan.

---

From: Gaitonde Anandprasanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:12:06 +0530 (IST)

> reservation have been made?

Session object identifies the destination endpoint of an RSVP session.

The endpoint( i.e the receiver of the flow) is the one who reserves
resources such as bandwidth etc. But the reservation of the resources is
done for the traffic sent by sender (FF style of reservation) or senders
(WF or SE style of reservation). 

So finally the resources reserved are bing used by the  traffic of the
sender so that the reciver sees accpetable QoS.

And FILTERSPEC Object identifies as to for whom the resources are being
reserved .

Please read RFC 2205 to understand FILTERSPEC Object

> Does this section discuss about SESSION object parameters?

                     _____________________________                  
                   _ |ANANDPRASANNA GAITONDE     | _ 
                  / )|COMP. SCIENCE & AUTOMATION |( \
                 / / |D-7,IISc HOSTEL            | \ \
                / /  |INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE|  \ \
              _( (_  |BANGALORE-560012.          |  _) )_
              (((\ \>|_/->___________________<-_|</ /)))
              (\ _/ /LAB Ph.(080)3092906  \ _/ ////)
               \       /HOSTEL Ph.-            \       /  
                \    _/     (080)3092452        _    /     
                /   /-----------------------------\   \                  
               /  Email Id-                            \ 
              /      [email-masked]         \
	     ---------------------------------------------
            -----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
		
*************************************************************************  
| | | | __ ___   _____     __ _    _ __ (_) ___ ___     __| | __ _ _   _
| |_| |/ _` \ \ / / _ \   / _` |  | '_ \| |/ __/ _ \   / _` |/ _` | | | |
|  _  | (_| |\ V /  __/  | (_| |  | | | | | (_|  __/  | (_| | (_| | |_| |
|_| |_|__,_| _/ ___|   __,_|  |_| |_|_|______|   __,_|__,_|__, |
*************************************************************************