Subject: Query abour RSVP Ports

From: sunil zackaria <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 23:59:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I would appreciate if anybody could clarify -

Is there any specific port on which RSVP would be
running and if it is so then which is the port & where
is it given.

If not then how is it communicated to the N/w nodes as
to where to look for RSVP related messages.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
Sunil. 

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products.
http://shopping.yahoo.com/

---

From: Gaitonde Anandprasanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:51:02 +0530 (IST)

Mainly RSVP is a demon runnig on RAW IP.

That is all RSVP messages are sent as RAW IP datagrams .

But in case a router doesnt spport RAW network IO the it will use UDP
encapsulation of the packets.

U need to see the Appendix C of RFC 2205 of RSVP where it has been
explained.

See u

Pras

> to where to look for RSVP related messages.

                     _____________________________                  
                   _ |ANANDPRASANNA GAITONDE     | _ 
                  / )|COMP. SCIENCE & AUTOMATION |( \
                 / / |D-7,IISc HOSTEL            | \ \
                / /  |INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE|  \ \
              _( (_  |BANGALORE-560012.          |  _) )_
              (((\ \>|_/->___________________<-_|</ /)))
              (\ _/ /LAB Ph.(080)3092906  \ _/ ////)
               \       /HOSTEL Ph.-            \       /  
                \    _/     (080)3092452        _    /     
                /   /-----------------------------\   \                  
               /  Email Id-                            \ 
              /      [email-masked]         \
	     ---------------------------------------------
            -----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
		
*************************************************************************  
| | | | __ ___   _____     __ _    _ __ (_) ___ ___     __| | __ _ _   _
| |_| |/ _` \ \ / / _ \   / _` |  | '_ \| |/ __/ _ \   / _` |/ _` | | | |
|  _  | (_| |\ V /  __/  | (_| |  | | | | | (_|  __/  | (_| | (_| | |_| |
|_| |_|__,_| _/ ___|   __,_|  |_| |_|_|______|   __,_|__,_|__, |
*************************************************************************

---

From: Sudheer Dharanikota <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 05:45:35 -0800

the best place to get the catch numbers is
from the most recent "IANA Assigned Numbers"
RFC from the IETF site.

- sudheer

---

From: Guangzhi Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 09:35:52 -0500

> That is all RSVP messages are sent as RAW IP datagrams .

Using protocol 46.

> encapsulation of the packets.

Encapsulation UDP port:
Pu:  (sent by UDP-only host)    1698
Pu': (host with raw IP)              1699