Subject: Clarification needed in RFC 2211

From: Karthikeyan Nathillvar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 13:45:37 -0600

hi,

 I went through the RFC 2211 for controlled service. In the Evaluation
Criteria section it has been given as follows

   "The basic requirement placed on an implementation of controlled-load
   service is that, under all conditions, it provide accepted data flows
   with service closely similar to the service that same flow would
   receive using best-effort service under unloaded conditions."
  
 I understood the RFC lines in the following way.:
--------------------------------
     When there is no load, best effort traffic should get the full bandwidth
Similarly when there is no traffic rsvp flow should also get full bandwidth.
Then, even if we overload the network rsvp flow should always full
bandwidth. Does this mean that, RSVP flow will starve all other best effort
flow.? 

Thanking you in advance,
Karthikeyan Nathillvar

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Karthikeyan Nathillvar

Office:                                                               Res.:
-------                                                         -----
Team Niehaus Graduate Research Assistant     
245 E, Nichols Hall,                                   1550, Eddingham Drive,
2335 Irving Hill Road,                                 Lawrence,
Lawrence,                                                 Kansas 66046 -4037
Kansas 66045 - 7612                                 Ph: 785-312-8001
Ph: 785-864-7774
               
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------