Subject: RSVP capable node.

From: Mecif Kamel-P29109 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:43:41 -0700

Hi,

Does anybody knows if it is possible for an RSVP capable node to know if the
next/previous node is RSVP capable?
I understand that a Receiver can look at the global break bit (bit 23 of
word 1) in the ADSPEC (carried in the PATH message) and determine whether
there is(are) nodes between the Sender and the Receiver that is(are)
RSVP-unaware. But it does not specifically determine which one(s) of
this(these) node(s) is(are) RSVP-unaware.

Thanks.

Regards,
Kamel

Kamel Mecif

Motorola Inc.
> Global Telecom  Solutions Sector
email: [email-masked]

---

From: Gaitonde Anandprasanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:47:45 +0530 (IST)

> this(these) node(s) is(are) RSVP-unaware.

An RSVP-capable node can know if there is a non RSVP capable routetr in
between by comparing the IP TTL values of the RSVP message and TTL values
of RSVP. If there is a mismatch it means that there is non RSVP node in
between. 

This is given in RFC 2205 of RSVP . PLease go thru it.

Pras

> email: [email-masked]

                     _____________________________                  
                   _ |ANANDPRASANNA GAITONDE     | _ 
                  / )|COMP. SCIENCE & AUTOMATION |( \
                 / / |D-7,IISc HOSTEL            | \ \
                / /  |INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE|  \ \
              _( (_  |BANGALORE-560012.          |  _) )_
              (((\ \>|_/->___________________<-_|</ /)))
              (\ _/ /LAB Ph.(080)3092906  \ _/ ////)
               \       /HOSTEL Ph.-            \       /  
                \    _/     (080)3092452        _    /     
                /   /-----------------------------\   \                  
               /  Email Id-                            \ 
              /      [email-masked]         \
	     ---------------------------------------------
            -----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
		
*************************************************************************  
| | | | __ ___   _____     __ _    _ __ (_) ___ ___     __| | __ _ _   _
| |_| |/ _` \ \ / / _ \   / _` |  | '_ \| |/ __/ _ \   / _` |/ _` | | | |
|  _  | (_| |\ V /  __/  | (_| |  | | | | | (_|  __/  | (_| | (_| | |_| |
|_| |_|__,_| _/ ___|   __,_|  |_| |_|_|______|   __,_|__,_|__, |
*************************************************************************