Subject: classification scheme for RSVP

From: "Rajesh Advani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 13:22:27 +0500

Hi all , 

I would like to know if there has been any work done or any references 
available for suitable classification engines for RSVP. I am sure that 
classification for RSVP would have peculiar requirements taking into 
consideration the rate at which new classes are added, and scale at 
which the classifier would need to operate. 

Thanx for u'r time,
Rajesh .

---

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:53:19 GMT

*> From [email-masked]  Mon Oct  8 01:41:39 2001
  *> From: "Rajesh Advani" <[email-masked]>
  *> To: [email-masked]
  *> Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 13:22:27 +0500
  *> MIME-Version: 1.0
  *> Content-Language: en
  *> Subject: classification scheme for RSVP
  *> X-Accept-Language: en
  *> Content-Disposition: inline
  *> 
  *> Hi all , 
  *> 
  *> I would like to know if there has been any work done or any references 
  *> available for suitable classification engines for RSVP. I am sure that 
  *> classification for RSVP would have peculiar requirements taking into 
  *> consideration the rate at which new classes are added, and scale at 
  *> which the classifier would need to operate. 
  *> 
  *> Thanx for u'r time,
  *> Rajesh . 
  *> 

Hi.  I forwarded your message to a person well-qualified to answer your
question, but he has chosen not to answer (AFAIK).  I will say that the
possibility of efficient micro-flow classification was a major concern
during the early research on Integrated Services.  I believe there was
some work done on this problem at MIT, in particular.  Independently,
there has been quite a bit of academic work published on efficient
classification techniques in general.

Bob Braden