Subject: [Rsvp] User/Router authentication in RSVP

From: Sundar Subramanian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 17:16:55 -0400

hi all,
I am sundar subramanian (a grad student).

First of all i found two public-domain implementations of RSVP: the ISI 
one(which i could not get working) and the KOM-RSVP(which is working fine).
Do you know of any other public-domain implementations?

Secondly is the user/router authentication implemented in RSVP by default.
I am assuming that this will/may be done by using the AUTH_DATA or POLICY_DATA 
objects as defined in RFC3182. further reference: RFC2750, 
RSVP-security-properties text written by Hannes Tschofenig.
any thoughts on this?
thanks in advance
regards
~sundar

_______________________________________________
Rsvp mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.isi.edu/mailman/listinfo/rsvp

---

From: "Hannes Tschofenig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 11:19:40 +0200

hi sundar,

for user authentication the mechanisms defined with rfc 3182 (identity
representation for rsvp) are used.
in addition the rsvp integrity object is used (rfc 2747).

looking at implementations you will find code for the integrity object.
however, both kom-rsvp and isi rsvp do not support the security mechanisms
proposed with the identity represenation document (at least at the time when
i looked at it).

other rsvp open-source implementations? not that i know.

ciao
hannes