Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rtfm-new-traffic-flow-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 08:24:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Realtime Traffic Flow Measurement Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTFM Working Group - New Attributes for 
                          Traffic Flow Measurement
	Author(s)	: G. Ruth, N. Brownlee, S. Handelman, S. Stibler
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rtfm-new-traffic-flow-03.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 13-Mar-98
	
   The Real-Time Flow Measurement (RTFM) Working Group (WG) has
   developed a system for measuring and reporting information about
   traffic flows in the Internet.  This document explores the definition
   of extensions to the flow measurements as currently defined in [1].
   The new attributes described in this document will be useful for
   monitoring network performance and will expand the scope of RTFM
   beyond simple measurement of traffic volumes. Performance attributes
   typically deal with throughput, packet loss, and delays. The WG will
   explore the methods by which RTFM can extract values from packets and
   flows so as to measure these attributes. The WG will also look at
   capturing information on jitter and congestion control. A companion
   document to this draft will be written to define the MIB structures
   of the new attributes.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rtfm-new-traffic-flow-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtfm-new-traffic-flow-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtfm-new-traffic-flow-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.