Subject: RTFM at the DC IETF

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 09:25:13 +1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)

Hello all:

The five RTFM Internet Drafts are in the fianl stages of being published -
they will be RFCs 2720-2723, real soon now.

The WG doesn't have a formal meeting slot at the IETF meeting in 
Washington DC next week, but we'll follow our tradition of the last two 
meetings and hold an informal get-together at lunchtime on Wednesday 10 
Nov.  Once I've organised a room for this I'll post it on the meeting 
Notice Board and on the RTFM list.

Topics for dicussion (please feel free to suggest more):

 - Monitoring QoS.  Does anyone have experience to report?  What
   attributes are useful for this?  DSCodePoint?  To/FromBitRate? ??

 - Multiport implementations of the RTFM meter (e.g. in a router).
   Any experience reports on this?

 - Multicast attributes.  DestMulticastCount (INTEGER, count attribute)
   and IsMulticast (INTEGER, address attribute) have been suggested.
   Any other ideas?

 - IPv6.  The capability for metering this is available in NeTraMet v4.3.
   Any experience to report with using this?

Cheers, Nevil

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Nevil Brownlee                     Director, Technology Development |
| Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x8941        ITSS, The University of Auckland |
|   FAX: +64 9 373 7021      Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------P