Subject: RTFM: Informal get-together at Minneapolis IETF

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:11:58 +1200 (NZT)

Hello all:

It seems we're unlikely to get an RTFM2 WG approved as proposed at our
San Diego BOF.  Which is why there's no follow-on session in 
Minneapolis.

Instead we'll hold our now-traditional informal get-together at 
Wednesday lunchtime.  If we need more time we'll arrange that, probably
Wednesday evening (any suggestions as to a suitable time would be 
appreciated).

Discussion topics:
 - Vendor-neutral description of flows and ways to report them
 - Distributed monitoring (hardware requirements, data gathering,
      potential uses, etc.)

I'll post a notice on the IETF Notice Board when we've managed to 
organise a meeting place.

See you in Minneapolis, Nevil

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Nevil Brownlee                     Director, Technology Development |
| Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x8941        ITSS, The University of Auckland |
|   FAX: +64 9 373 7425      Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------C

---

From: Kappler Cornelia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:22:36 +0100

> San Diego BOF.  Which is why there's no follow-on session in 
	Could you give some details what is the problem? Is it that they are not happy with the topic, with the support by the community, or is it that the approval is just delayed?

>  - Distributed monitoring (hardware requirements, data gathering,
	Wouldn't it make sense to also discuss the further proceedings to achieve WG status (mind you, I won't be able to participate - just following from a distance)

	Cornelia.