Subject: NeMaC question

From: Anish Bole <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 16:06:03 -0400

Hello,

I have successfully installed NeTraMet on Slackware 8.1.

I can run nm_rc successfully (rules are downloaded, records display at each 
interval, etc) but can't figure out how to get NeMaC to work.

I start NeTraMet as follows:

NeTraMet -k -l -r public -s -w private

MIB and rules files are the same for running nm_rc and NeMaC and are from 
the examples included with the distribution. The write community strings 
match (since nm_rc runs fine). Running NeMaC on the same box with the 
command line:

NeMaC -b mib-41.txt -c60 -e cs2.rules localhost private

results in the response:

Community private doesn't have write access to the meter localhost!

I am not an SNMP guru, so any pointers to obvious stuff I have overlooked 
would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Anish Bole
[email-masked]