Subject: Query on draft-chen-mpls-bfd-enhancement-01

From: Mukund Mani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 00:34:16 +0530

Hi

Have a query w.r.t "draft-chen-mpls-bfd-enhancement-01". Could the draft
authors kindly clarify the same:

Section 4 on session establishment mentions the following:

If node with the larger IP receives LSP ping
message signaling BFD session with Session Control TLV, LSP ping
reply must be transmitted with "Backward direction BFD session
exists" to the ingress LSR.

In the case of BFD session provisioned on both nodes in the Active
mode, the LSP Ping for the backward direction BFD session could be
received even when the forward direction session is not yet
established. In that case is it correct to mention that the "Backward
direction BFD session exists" as return code?

Kindly let me know if I am missing something here...

With Regards

Mukund

---

From: Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 23:26:45 -0700

Hi Mukund,

The version-02 of the draft has been out since March. You may want to
look at that. It does not have the text you have mentioned.

Thanks,
Vishwas

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Mukund Mani <[email-masked]> wrote:
> In the case of BFD session provisioned on both nodes in the Active mode, the
> LSP Ping for the backward direction BFD session could be received even
> when the forward direction session is not yet established. In that case is
> it correct to mention that the "Backward direction BFD session exists" as
> return code?
>

---

From: Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 23:34:33 -0700

Hi Mukund,

I am sorry I just realized I was looking at the wrong draft.

Yes, an return code you mentioned could be sent back.

Thanks,
Vishwas