Subject: draft-bryant-ipfrr-tunnels-00.txt

From: mike shand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 08:45:40 +0100

We have posted the following draft, which describes an approach to IP fast 
Re-route based on the use of tunnels.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bryant-ipfrr-tunnels-00.txt

	Mike

Abstract:
This draft describes an IP fast re-route mechanism that provides backup 
connectivity in the event of a link or router failure. In the absence of 
single points of failure and asymmetric costs, the mechanism provides 
complete protection against any single failure. If perfect repair is not 
possible, the identity of all the unprotected links and routers is known in 
advance. The draft also describes the mechanisms needed to prevent the 
packet loss caused by loops which normally occur during the reconvergence 
of the network following a failure. 

_______________________________________________
Rtgwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg