Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rtgwg-rfc3682bis-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Generalized TTL Security Mechanism (GTSM)
	Author(s)	: V. Gill, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rtgwg-rfc3682bis-07.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-11-26
	
The use of a packet's Time to Live (TTL) (IPv4) or Hop Limit (IPv6)
   to verify whether the packet originated within the same link has been
   used in many recent protocols.  This document generalizes this
   technique.  This document obsoletes RFC 3682.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-rfc3682bis-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-rtgwg-rfc3682bis-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-rfc3682bis-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
rtgwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:22:57 +0200 (EET)

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-rfc3682bis-07.txt

Changes between -06 and -07:

    o  Be more reserved about multi-hop security properties in section
       'Multi-Hop Protocol Sessions'.

    o  Clarify IP-in-IP tunnel decapsulation/forwarding as decrementing
       TTL.

    o  Add text on related messages backwards compatibility.

    o  Editorial updates.

Comments welcome.  In particular about new backwards compat text in 
section 6.1   Note however that Section 5 (Security Considerations) 
has been significantly reworked already, so if you have comments on 
that, please hold off.

I'll post a new I-D in a week or two, but if you want to comment right 
away, please send them to so that they can be incorporated.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings