Subject: fwd: New Version Notification for draft-xu-virtual-subnet-01

From: Xu Xiaohu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 17:31:59 +0800

Hi all,

This draft ( <http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-xu-virtual-subnet-01.txt>
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-xu-virtual-subnet-01.txt) is about a new data
center network architecture which largely takes advantage of the MPLS/BGP
VPN [RFC4364] technology to exchange connected host VPN routes among PEs so
as to construct a scalable large IP subnet across the MPLS/IP backbone
network of a date center. Note that these connected host VPN routes are
generated automatically by PEs according to the associated local ARP tables.

I wonder whether this is a discussion topic suitable for the RTG WG. By the
way, I copy this email to the L3VPN mailing-list since this architecture
largely uses the MPLS/BGP VPN technology, and any comments from L3VPNers are
also welcome.

Best wishes,

Xiaohu

> -----邮件原件-----

> 发件人: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]]

> 发送时间: 2010年7月5日 13:28

> 收件人: [email-masked]

> 主题: New Version Notification for draft-xu-virtual-subnet-01

> A new version of I-D, draft-xu-virtual-subnet-01.txt has been 

> successfully submitted by Xiaohu Xu and posted to the IETF repository.

> Filename:   draft-xu-virtual-subnet

> Revision:   01

> Title:      Virtual Subnet: A Scalable Data Center Network Architecture

> Creation_date:   2010-07-05

> WG ID:      Independent Submission

> Number_of_pages: 13

> Abstract:

> This document proposes a scalable data center network architecture 

> which, as an alternative to the Spanning Tree Protocol Bridge network, 

> uses a Layer 3 routing infrastructure to provide scalable virtual 

> Layer 2 network connectivity services.

> The IETF Secretariat.