Subject: fwd: New Version Notification for draft-xu-virtual-subnet-02

From: Xu Xiaohu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:57:59 +0800

Hi all,

This is an updated version of Virtual Subnet (VS): A Scalable Data Center
Network Architecture (see
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-virtual-subnet-02). 

VS actually uses BGP/MPLS VPN technology [RFC4364] with some extensions,
together with some other proven technologies including ARP proxy
[RFC925][RFC1027] to build a scalable large IP subnet across the MPLS/IP
backbone of the data center network. As a result, VS can be deployed today
as a scalable data center network. 

I wonder whether Internet Area Working Group or Routing Area Working Group
is a suitable place to discuss this. By the way, since the draft is much
related to L3VPN, I also copy this email to the L3VPN WG mailing-list.

Best wishes,
Xiaohu

[RFC925] Postel, J., "Multi-LAN Address Resolution", RFC-925, USC
Information Sciences Institute, October 1984.
[RFC1027] Smoot Carl-Mitchell, John S. Quarterman,” Using ARP to Implement
Transparent Subnet Gateways”, RFC 1027, October 1987.

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
发送时间: 2010年8月24日 12:22
收件人: [email-masked]
主题: New Version Notification for draft-xu-virtual-subnet-02

A new version of I-D, draft-xu-virtual-subnet-02.txt has been successfully
submitted by Xiaohu Xu and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-xu-virtual-subnet
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Virtual Subnet: A Scalable Data Center Network Architecture
Creation_date:	 2010-08-24
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 12

Abstract:
This document proposes a scalable data center network architecture 
which, as an alternative to the Spanning Tree Protocol Bridge 
network, uses a Layer 3 routing infrastructure to provide scalable 
virtual Layer 2 network connectivity services.

The IETF Secretariat.