Subject: draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-07

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 13:17:00 -0400

The updated draft draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-07 has been
submitted with changes discussed on previously on the RTGWG mailing
list.

Changes from draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement -06 to -07:

  1.  Trivia:

    a.  deleted some XML comments

    b.  change document number (06 to 07) and date

    c.  change author (Lucy) address information (office move)

  2.  Add requirements as per mailing list discussion:

    a.  Power reduction allowed use:

      requirement wording:

      Load balancing MAY be used during sustained low traffic periods
      to reduce the number of active component links for the purpose
      of power reduction.

      clarification text outside of requirements list:

      As with any load balancing change, a change initiated for the
      purpose of power reduction may be minimally disruptive.
      Typically the disruption is limited to a change in delay
      characteristics and the potential for a very brief period with
      traffic reordering.  The network operator when configuring a
      network for power reduction should weigh the benefit of power
      reduction against the disadvantage of a minimal disruption.

    b.  Three new management requirements:

      Component link fault notification MUST be sent to the management
      plane.

      Composite link fault notification MUST be sent to management
      plane and distribute via link state message in the IGP.

      An operator initiated optimization MUST be performed in a
      minimally disruptive manner as described in <xref
      target="multipath-diff" />.

  3.  Update to acknowledgements.

The updated draft draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-07 is available at:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement/

Text diffs are at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-07

Curtis