Subject: draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-framework-02 - please comment

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 15:12:18 -0400

RTGWG,

An update to draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-framework-02 has just been submitted.

Please read this document and comment prior to the WG meeting.  I've
requested a long time slot so we can get into any technical issues
with the document.

Significant changes are:

  1.  New "1.5 Document Issues" subsection (part of "Introduction").
      The purpose of this section is to focus co-author and WG
      discussion on things in the document that are known to need
      attention.  Please read and comment on this.  It wouldn't hurt
      to read the whole document, but at least read this 1.5 pages.

  2.  Entropy label is featured more prominently as *the solution* to
      carrying LSP with strict packet ordering, particularly when
      carrying such LSP within other larger LSP.

Changes to referenced drafts:

  1.  draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-label completed the IETF process and
      is now in the editor's queue.

  2.  draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath has been simplified down from
      35 pages to 9 pages and essentially just proposes to use ELI and
      EL to support MPLS-TP LSP over MPLS LSP as a client layer.
      Extensive discussion of multipath and TP requirements are
      removed.  Alternates other than EL are removed.  Suggestions
      that another method of limiting label stack depeth based on LSP
      lookup is removed, therefore the one Infinera IPR can be
      removed.

  3.  a lot of drafts referenced by CL framework are expired and only
      partially meet the set of requirements defined in CL
      requirements in the area they address.  For example, if there
      really is interest in meeting the delay requirements, then the
      delay metric draft needs to be picked up, dusted off, checked
      agains CL requirements, edited as needed, and resubmited.  A
      list of drafts that have expired is in "Document Issues"
      subsection.

See you in Atlanta.  Regardless of whether you are going, please
comment on the WG mailing list.

Thanks,

Curtis

------- Forwarded Message

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-framework-02.txt
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:55:06 -0700
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
 directories.  This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working
 Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Composite Link Framework in Multi Protocol
			  Label Switching (MPLS) 
	Author(s)       : So Ning
                          Dave McDysan
                          Eric Osborne
                          Lucy Yong
                          Curtis Villamizar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-framework-02.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2012-10-19

Abstract:
   This document specifies a framework for support of composite link in
   MPLS networks.  A composite link consists of a group of homogenous or
   non-homogenous links that have the same forward adjacency and can be
   considered as a single TE link or an IP link in routing.  A composite
   link relies on its component links to carry the traffic over the
   composite link.  Applicability is described for a single pair of
   MPLS-capable nodes, a sequence of MPLS-capable nodes, or a set of
   layer networks connecting MPLS-capable nodes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-framework

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-framework-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-framework-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
rtgwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg

------- End of Forwarded Message