Subject: RFC 7811 on An Algorithm for Computing IP/LDP Fast Reroute Using Maximally Redundant Trees (MRT-FRR)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 16:11:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7811

        Title:      An Algorithm for Computing IP/LDP 
                    Fast Reroute Using Maximally Redundant Trees 
                    (MRT-FRR) 
        Author:     G. Enyedi,
                    A. Csaszar,
                    A. Atlas,
                    C. Bowers,
                    A. Gopalan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      118
        Characters: 266847
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-algorithm-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7811

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7811

This document supports the solution put forth in "An Architecture for
IP/LDP Fast Reroute Using Maximally Redundant Trees (MRT-FRR)"
(RFC 7812) by defining the associated MRT Lowpoint algorithm that is
used in the Default MRT Profile to compute both the necessary
Maximally Redundant Trees with their associated next hops and the
alternates to select for MRT-FRR.

This document is a product of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC