Subject: Document Action: 'Use of BGP for routing in large-scale data centers' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-rtgwg-bgp-routing-large-dc-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 11:30:12 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Use of BGP for routing in large-scale data centers'
  (draft-ietf-rtgwg-bgp-routing-large-dc-11.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Routing Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-bgp-routing-large-dc/

Technical Summary

   This document summarizes operational experience in designing and operating 
   large-scale data centers using BGP as the only routing protocol.  The intent is to 
   report on a proven and stable routing design that could be leveraged by others in 
   the industry. The design presented in this document is based on operational 
   experience with data centers built to support large-scale distributed software infrastructure.

Working Group Summary

   This draft has been thoroughly discussed in the WG, very good feedback 
   had been provided by SP and vendor community.
   The draft adoption and progress had received full support from the WG.
   All comments have been addressed.  The draft is ready for publication. 

Document Quality

   There are existing implementations and multiple vendors have 
   shown significant interest in the topic. 

Personnel

   Jeff Tantsura is the Document Shepherd.
   Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.