Subject: RFC 7916 on Operational Management of Loop-Free Alternates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 16:14:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7916

        Title:      Operational Management of Loop-Free Alternates 
        Author:     S. Litkowski, Ed.,
                    B. Decraene, C. Filsfils,
                    K. Raza, M. Horneffer,
                    P. Sarkar
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 62072
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtgwg-lfa-manageability-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7916

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7916

Loop-Free Alternates (LFAs), as defined in RFC 5286, constitute an IP
Fast Reroute (IP FRR) mechanism enabling traffic protection for IP
traffic (and, by extension, MPLS LDP traffic).  Following early
deployment experiences, this document provides operational feedback
on LFAs, highlights some limitations, and proposes a set of
refinements to address those limitations.  It also proposes required
management specifications.

This proposal is also applicable to remote-LFA solutions.

This document is a product of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC