Subject: RFC 8177 on YANG Data Model for Key Chains

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 17:21:25 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8177

        Title:      YANG Data Model for Key Chains 
        Author:     A. Lindem, Ed.,
                    Y. Qu,
                    D. Yeung,
                    I. Chen,
                    J. Zhang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 46205
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-key-chain-24.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8177

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8177

This document describes the key chain YANG data model.  Key chains
are commonly used for routing protocol authentication and other
applications requiring symmetric keys.  A key chain is a list
containing one or more elements containing a Key ID, key string,
send/accept lifetimes, and the associated authentication or
encryption algorithm.  By properly overlapping the send and accept
lifetimes of multiple key chain elements, key strings and algorithms
may be gracefully updated.  By representing them in a YANG data
model, key distribution can be automated.

This document is a product of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC