Subject: Scope of strict SLA in network slicing

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 14:52:31 +0800

Dear All,
I'd like to stress what I've said at the mike. Two of three network slicing
scenarios, enhanced mobile broadband and massive IoT, that have been
defined by 3GPP do not set forth too strict latency/jitter/packet loss
constraints. But netslices to support ultra-reliable and low latency
communications (URLLC) are expected to have very stringent
latency/jitter/packet loss constraints e2e. But, in my opinion, there's no
requirement that URLLC slices must share physical resources. One of
solutions may use, for example, FlexE to deliver CBR guaranteed services.

Regards,
Greg

---

From: "Dongjie (Jimmy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 08:41:00 +0000

Hi Greg,

I agree that network slicing would mainly be used for URLLC services, which have stringent requirement on performance. To meet such requirement, we need to consider the E2E transport paths. FlexE can be one candidate technology for interface level channelization and isolation, and we also need to consider other pieces in the end-to-end paths.

OTOH, as mentioned in the enhanced VPN presentation, the mechanism used to represent the underlay resources can be general and independent from the implementation of the resource partitioning, such as using SR SIDs to represent per-hop resource allocation.

Best regards,
Jie

From: rtgwg [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Greg Mirsky
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:53 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Scope of strict SLA in network slicing

Dear All,
I'd like to stress what I've said at the mike. Two of three network slicing scenarios, enhanced mobile broadband and massive IoT, that have been defined by 3GPP do not set forth too strict latency/jitter/packet loss constraints. But netslices to support ultra-reliable and low latency communications (URLLC) are expected to have very stringent latency/jitter/packet loss constraints e2e. But, in my opinion, there's no requirement that URLLC slices must share physical resources. One of solutions may use, for example, FlexE to deliver CBR guaranteed services.

Regards,
Greg