Subject: Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-vrrp-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 09:33:38 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A YANG Data Model for Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)'
  (draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-vrrp-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Routing Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-vrrp/

Technical Summary

This document describes a YANG data model for Virtual Router Redundancy (VRRP), and 
both version 2 and 3 are covered. VRRP provides higher resiliency by specifying an election 
protocol that dynamically assigns responsibility for a virtual router to one of the VRRP routers 
on a LAN. The protocol has been implemented and deployed by most of network equipment 
vendors.  Providing a standard YANG model will facilitate the protocol configuration and status 
in a vendor independent way. 

Working Group Summary

This draft has been thoroughly discussed in the WG.
The draft adoption and progress has received full support from the WG.
All comments have been addressed.  The draft is ready for publication.

Document Quality

The draft went to many rounds of reviews by YANG-Doctors as well as implementers, 
which resulted in a very high quality document. It has been reported that Huawei has 
implemented the model, and multiple vendors have shown significant interest in the topic.

Personnel

Yingzhen Qu is the Document Shepherd.
Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.