Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo-07.txt> (SPF Back-off algorithm for link state IGPs) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 08:15:11 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Area Working Group WG
(rtgwg) to consider the following document: - 'SPF Back-off algorithm for
link state IGPs'
  <draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-02-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a standard algorithm to back-off link-state IGP
   Shortest Path First (SPF) computations.

   Having one standard algorithm improves interoperability by reducing
   the probability and/or duration of transient forwarding loops during
   the IGP convergence when the IGP reacts to multiple temporally close
   IGP events.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.