Subject: RtgDir review: draft-ietf-rtgwg-spf-uloop-pb-statement-08.txt

From: Tomonori Takeda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 18:13:26 +0900

Hello,

I have been selected as the Routing Directorate reviewer for this draft. 
The Routing Directorate seeks to review all routing or routing-related 
drafts as they pass through IETF last call and IESG review, and 
sometimes on special request. The purpose of the review is to provide 
assistance to the Routing ADs. For more information about the Routing 
Directorate, please see 
​http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir

Although these comments are primarily for the use of the Routing ADs, it 
would be helpful if you could consider them along with any other IETF 
Last Call comments that you receive, and strive to resolve them through 
discussion or by updating the draft.

  Document: draft-ietf-rtgwg-spf-uloop-pb-statement-08.txt
  Reviewer: Tomonori Takeda
  Review Date: Dec. 17th, 2018
  IETF LC End Date: Dec. 18th, 2018
  Intended Status: Informational

Summary:
This document is basically ready for publication, but has nits that 
should be considered prior to publication.

Comments:
This document analyzes the impact of SPF delay algorithm and associated 
triggers on IGP micro-loops. This document presents useful information 
on how mixing strategies may lead to longer micro-loops. The document is 
well organized, easy to read.

Major Issues:
None

Minor Issues:
None

Nits:
1) Section 2 says

   "That part may be the main part for the first iteration but is not for
    subsequent IGP events.  In addition, this part is very implementation
    specific and difficult/impossible to standardize, while the SPF delay
    algorithm may be standardized."

It would be better to explain what "That part" and "this part" mean.
I guess the text should look like:

   "The time to update the FIB may be the main part for the first
    iteration of IGP event but is not for subsequent IGP events.
    In addition, the time to update the FIB is very implementation
    specific and difficult/impossible to standardize, while the SPF delay
    algorithm may be standardized."

Thanks,
Tomonori Takeda

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 09:26:40 +0000

Thanks for your valuable comment.
I will add your fix as part of the next revision.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomonori Takeda [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2018 10:13
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RtgDir review: draft-ietf-rtgwg-spf-uloop-pb-statement-08.txt

Hello,

Summary:

Comments:

Major Issues:
None

Minor Issues:
None

Nits:
1) Section 2 says

Thanks,
Tomonori Takeda

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 13:46:38 +0000

The -09 has been published and should address your comment.

Feel free to raise any additional concern.

Brgds,

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomonori Takeda [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2018 10:13
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RtgDir review: draft-ietf-rtgwg-spf-uloop-pb-statement-08.txt

Hello,

Summary:

Comments:

Major Issues:
None

Minor Issues:
None

Nits:
1) Section 2 says

Thanks,
Tomonori Takeda

---

From: Tomonori Takeda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 10:11:36 +0900

Thanks!

Tomo

-- 
Tomonori Takeda
NTT Network Service Systems Labs.
+81-422-59-7092