Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtgwg-spf-uloop-pb-statement-08.txt> (Link State protocols SPF trigger and delay algorithm impact on IGP micro-loops) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 06:06:36 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Area Working Group WG
(rtgwg) to consider the following document: - 'Link State protocols SPF
trigger and delay algorithm impact on IGP
   micro-loops'
  <draft-ietf-rtgwg-spf-uloop-pb-statement-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-12-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A micro-loop is a packet forwarding loop that may occur transiently
   among two or more routers in a hop-by-hop packet forwarding paradigm.

   In this document, we are trying to analyze the impact of using
   different Link State IGP (Interior Gateway Protocol) implementations
   in a single network, with respect to micro-loops.  The analysis is
   focused on the SPF (Shortest Path First) delay algorithm.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-spf-uloop-pb-statement/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-spf-uloop-pb-statement/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.