Subject: control and user plane separation for BNGs

From: Chris Bowers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 15:38:17 -0600

RTGWG,

Two sets of drafts have been submitted to RTGWG related to the separation
of control and user planes for Broadband Network Gateways (BNGs).

draft-cuspdt-rtgwg-cusp-requirements and
draft-cuspdt-rtgwg-cu-separation-bng-architecture propose to address
control and user plane separation for BNGs terminating fixed access
subscribers.

draft-wadhwa-rtgwg-bng-cups and
draft-wadhwa-rtgwg-bng-cups-protocol-requirements propose to address
control and user plane separation for BNGs that terminate fixed access
subscribers, fixed-wireless subscribers, and hybrid subscribers.

Jeff and I think that there is demand for both approaches and that each
proposal has a critical mass of people willing to do the work needed to
produce high quality documents.  So we will run the working group adoption
poll process for these two sets of drafts independently of one another.

Thanks,

Chris and Jeff