Subject: Iotdir last call review of draft-ietf-rtgwg-bgp-pic-12

From: Ines Robles via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 12:57:38 -0800

Reviewer: Ines Robles
Review result: Ready with Nits

This document proposes a hierarchical and shared forwarding chain  organization
that allows traffic to be restored to pre-calculated  alternative equal cost
primary path or backup path in a time period that does not depend on the number
of BGP prefixes.

Comment/Question to the authors:
1- In the document states: "The proposed technique achieves prefix independent
convergence while ensuring incremental deployment, complete automation, and
zero management and provisioning effort." What is the scope involved in zero
management? It would be nice if the text explains how the technique achieves
the zero management and the provisioning efforts. 2- "it benefits from all its
benefits" --> it would be nice to mention some of the benefits in brakets. 3-
Is this technique not affected by any type of bpg prefix hijacking attack? 4-
If there is no privacy issues I would states that explicitly.

Thank you for this document,

Ines.