Subject: [Rum] Progress on Real-time Text in IETF

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 12:12:53 +0100

It might be of interest for the rum group that there has been some 
progress on the Real-time text topic in IETF recently:

1: RFC 8865 T.140 "Real-Time Text Conversation over WebRTC Data 
Channels" was published yesterday.

https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8865

It would be good if WebRTC implementations of RTT used this RFC. Then, 
for example, any gateway implementations would get wider applicability.

2. RTP-mixer formatting of multi-party Real-time text

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix

This draft for RTP-based RTT in multi-party calls has recently passed 
the working group last call and is expected to proceed to a series of 
expert reviews now.

Best regards

Gunnar

-- 
Gunnar Hellström
GHAccess
[email-masked]