Subject: [sacm] FW: New Version Notification for draft-montville-sacm-asset-identification-00.txt

From: Adam Montville <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 18:49:28 +0000

All:

I'm pleased to announce that I have transformed the NIST IR 7693 into an
RFC format and submitted it for our consideration (see post notification
e-mail below).  Please note that this transformation is just that  a
transformation.  I have taken liberties where necessary (mainly for
formatting purposes), but the major points, content, and style of the
original document remain intact.  There are sure to be issues with the
document as posted.  For example, it is unclear to me what can and cannot
be normatively referenced with respect to this transformation.  There are
also several areas for IANA considerations beyond registering the asset
identification namespace (extensions  to asset types and relationships,
for example).

I look forward to working these, and other, issues on this list.

Finally, a world of thanks goes to John Wunder, Adam Halbardier, and David
Waltermire for their effort in getting IR 7693 finalized  this is really
their work.

Regards,

Adam

On 9/23/12 11:39 AM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-montville-sacm-asset-identification-00.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Adam W. Montville and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Filename:	 draft-montville-sacm-asset-identification
>Revision:	 00
>Title:		 Asset Identification
>Creation date:	 2012-09-23
>WG ID:		 Individual Submission
>Number of pages: 73
>URL:             
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-montville-sacm-asset-identificat
>ion-00.txt
>Status:          
>http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-montville-sacm-asset-identification
>Htmlized:        
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-montville-sacm-asset-identification-00
>
>
>Abstract:
>   Asset identification plays an important role in an organization's
>   ability to quickly correlate different sets of information about
>   assets.  This document provides the necessary constructs to uniquely
>   identify assets based on known identifiers and/or known information
>   about the assets.  This document describes the purpose of asset
>   identification, a data model for identifying assets, methods for
>   identifying assets, and guidance on how to use asset identification.
>   It also identifies a number of known use cases for asset
>   identification.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>
>
>

---

From: "Banghart, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 09:18:04 -0400

Adam,

Thanks to you and everyone else.  Great to see this moving forward.

-John

On 9/23/12 2:49 PM, "Adam Montville" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>sacm mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sacm