Subject: [sacm] Fwd: [saag] IAB Privacy and Security program meeting

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 10:35:09 -0400

FYI,
- Ira

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 10:14 AM
Subject: [saag] IAB Privacy and Security program meeting
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Howdy,

The IAB program on privacy and security met Monday.  After the meeting, we
expect a major update to draft-iab-web-pki-problems-02, narrowing its scope
substantially.   We also anticipate soliciting reviews on the draft from
saag with the next revision.  The group also discussed
draft-hardie-privsec-metadata-insertion
and believes that its advice might be best incorporated into RFC 3552bis,
if there should be IETF consensus on the advice.  We will send text to the
editors as a next step.  The group also agreed to volunteer as a guinea pig
audience for future privacy training as part of the EDU team's program for
IETF 97.  The group then discussed the general topic of "identifier
lifecycle management", with a focus on describing design patterns for
avoiding identifier leakage and linkability.  A small document team for
that has come together. Lastly, the group agreed to review
https://www.w3.org/TR/fingerprinting-guidance/ both to provide feedback and
to consider a companion document related to technologies outside the web.

The description of the program is here:
https://www.iab.org/activities/programs/privacy-and-security-program/

regards,

Ted Hardie

_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag