Subject: [sacm] Protocol Action: 'Software Inventory Message and Attributes (SWIMA) for PA-TNC' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sacm-nea-swima-patnc-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 14:23:02 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Software Inventory Message and Attributes (SWIMA) for PA-TNC'
  (draft-ietf-sacm-nea-swima-patnc-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Security Automation and Continuous
Monitoring Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Kathleen Moriarty and Eric Rescorla.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sacm-nea-swima-patnc/

Technical Summary

   This document extends "PA-TNC: A Posture Attribute (PA) Protocol
   Compatible with Truste Network Connect (TNC) (RFC 5792) by providing
   specific attributes and message exchanges to allow endpoints to
   report their installed software inventory information to a NEA
   server, as defined in "Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA): Overview
   and Requirements" (RFC 5209).

Working Group Summary

   Working group consensus was clear for this draft. 

Document Quality

   This work begin in the Trusted Network Computing Group
   and there are implementations.  The StrongSwan implementation
   was demonstrated at the IETF hackathon in Prague (IETF 99).

Personnel

   Karen O'Donoghue is acting as the Document Shepherd.  
Kathleen is the Responsible Area Director. 
  If the document requires IANA
   experts(s), insert 'The IANA Expert(s) for the registry established in section 10.4
   in this document are David Waltermire and Jessica Fitzgerald-McKay.'

IANA Note

  Section 10.4 establishes the "Software Data Model Types" registry
  with Specification required and expert review per RFC8126.
  Sections 10.1-10.3 add entries to existing registries.