Subject: DTD or not?

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:57:03 +0100

All,

I've (finally!) started work on the next rev of the protocol draft. There
are, of course, a few things I need to get clarified to make the right
changes, so this is probably the first of a few mails.

The last meeting minutes say:

"DTD or schema being normative: The WG seemed to favor having the 
schema be normative, and drop the DTD."

But then says:

"DTD Extensibility scheme:  Stephen has agreed to fix this in the 
next draft; there was no further discussion."

Does that mean:

(a) drop the DTD and there's nothing to fix
(b) include the DTD as non-normative and fix the extensibility 
   scheme

I'll assume (a) unless I hear yells to the contrary.

Regards,
Stephen.

-- 
____________________________________________________________
Stephen Farrell         				   
Baltimore Technologies,   tel: (direct line) +353 1 881 6716
39 Parkgate Street,                     fax: +353 1 881 7000
Dublin 8.                mailto:[email-masked]
Ireland                             http://www.baltimore.com

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:40:54 -0700

> I'll assume (a) unless I hear yells to the contrary.

perhaps you want

	(c) drop the DTD and make sure that the schema is correct.

/mtr

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:00:42 +0100

>         (c) drop the DTD and make sure that the schema is correct.

Yes. However, I think that (c)==(pedantic-a) :-)

Stephen.