Subject: Re: [salud] Barry Leiba's Discuss on draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-12: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 18:01:24 -0400

[as an author]

> From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>

> The real question is: do we want to justify keeping standards action, or 
> do we want to relax to something that can be approved by an expert and 
> define the rules for the expert?

The advice that we'd need for an expert is very similar what we should
be giving for the creation of private names.  With no other
information, I think we should follow Barry's suggestion to not use
"standards action".  This leads to this plan:

(1) Review the rules for private names to ensure they express all the
restrictions we want to enforce.

(2) Duplicate these rules as advice for the expert.

(3) Reduce the rule to "expert review".

(4) Number 3 seems substantive to me, and we'd need to query the WG
about it.

What does everyone think?

Dale