Subject: [salud] WGLC on draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-13

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 16:38:28 -0400

[as chair]

Based on IESG input, there have been some significant changes in
draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns, in particular:

     - replacing the domain name-based <provider> value with a
       first-com, first-served registry

     - using a uniform policy of Specification Required (which includes
       Expert Review) for defining additional standard URNs, including
       providing detailed guidelines for the expert review

     - revision of section 13 and its requirement that a UA "MUST
       produce a reasonable rending"

     - additional security considerations and reorganizing their
       presentation, including that a "source" indication will almost
       certainly only be accepted when it is provided by a proxy acting
       on behalf of the recipient UA (section 16, 8.2.2)

So we will be running a new WGLC.  It closes two weeks from now, on 5
August 2014.

Dale